Stephen Earl received his undergraduate and Juris Doctorate Degrees from Brigham Young University, graduating with high honors in 1976. He joined the Phoenix law firm of Jennings, Strouss and Salmon and began concentrating his practice immediately in the fields of zoning, land use planning, and condemnation law. He became a partner with the firm in 1979 and continued to concentrate in zoning and municipal law with that firm until April 1986, when he joined with several other attorneys to create the law firm of Earl, Baird and Williams. In January 1991, this firm was reorganized under the new name of Earl, Curley & Lagarde. Mr. Earl has concentrated his practice in zoning and land use law for over 30 years.
Mr. Earl has been consistently rated one of the top Zoning Attorneys in the greater Phoenix Valley.
• Martindale Hubbell – AV Rating
• Martindale Hubbell Preeminent Rating – 25 years
• Best Lawyer in America®
• Chamber USA®
• Super Lawyers ®
• Southwest Super Lawyers®
• The Phoenix Magazine – Top Lawyers in Phoenix Edition
• Legal 500®
Areas of Practice
- Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School, Provo, Utah
- Brigham Young University
Honors and Awards
- Named to list of “Arizona’s Finest Lawyers”
- Order of the Coif
- J. Reuben Clark Law Society “Jesse Udall Award”
- The American Registry is proud to announce that Stephen C. Earl is one of America’s Most Honored Lawyers for 2020. Top 1% of all those awarded.